Long Jing is the most famous green tea from China, a favorite for many tea drinkers worldwide.
Both shape and taste of Long Jing are characteristic and easy to recognise. The dry leaves are flat and jade green. The taste is full, clean, with an intense and addictive chestnut note.
The roasting is crucial, affecting both aroma and flavour. This selection is a low-fire roasted Long Jing, fresh and bright. Notes of fresh cut grass and a mild sweetness are at the forefront, with a distant chestnut note in the background.
Two other finishes from the same tea farm are available:
- ORIGIN: Qian dao hu, Chun'an, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- MEANING: Dragon well (long jing)
- CULTIVAR: Jiu keng qun ti
- HARVEST TIME: March 16, 2018
- TASTE: Fresh, bright, chestnut